Wednesday, 22 August 2012

Glub...

So, first thing's first, let me come clean. This is not an original blog idea, I totally stole it (off someone who is undoubtedly much more experienced in these matters than I am) from Swimming Around London. You should go and check this blog out, because it's awesome and because it's part of the reason I'm embarking on my swimming. Go on, have a look, I can wait.

Here's the deal. I'm 30, fantastically unfit and bad at sticking to a routine. I'm hoping that the act of blogging my way around the pools of Bristol and South Glos mean that I actually go and swim in them. On a regular basis. Here's hoping.

Tomorrow we start, as I'm off to one of two local pools, Bradley Stoke. This is a South Glos pool (I live on the border, so my other local pool is a Bristol-run pool). So before we start day one I guess we'd all better come clean, no?

- I have been swimming head-up breast-stroke, which is something that we're going to stop RIGHT GODDAMN NOW.
- Watching me swim front crawl is pretty similar to watching a load of seagulls drown all at once. Splish splash.
- I intend on buying myself a swimming hat. Also I REALLY want a waterproof iPod, but cannot justify it to myself before I am a Proper Swimmer.

So this blog is mostly a motivator to exercise, it's partially so I can keep a record of (any) improvement in my own swimming but also it's a good excuse for me to trog round the many and varied pools in and around Bristol and see what they're all like.

*insert some kind of pun about diving in here*

No comments:

Post a Comment