Thursday, 23 August 2012

Water baby...

I swam this morning! Granted I could only do about half an hour before I could feel my breakfast in my stomach, and I managed to lose count of my lengths. (I *think* I did about 250m, all breast-stroke, with quite a significant pause after each length) but still...

I went to the one of my two local pools, the one in Bradley Stoke. This is the first time I'd actually been there for a proper swim (the only other time I've been in the pool is to go with J to the disabled swim session). It was down as a "public swim", so I felt quite happy when there wasn't a mele of children dive-bombing and there were still two lanes. I trogged up and down the slow lane, trying to concentrate on my breast-stroke technique and not quite being brave enough to try out a front crawl as there were two other people also using the lane and I didn't want to inadvertently wallop one. Next time. I tried to focus on the order of my arms-breathing-legs and realised I'd kinda been doing it ok before, I just needed to work on the form and getting my head down a bit more. It'll come with time.

The pool also seemed really warm when I got in. Normally you have to do the few seconds of "getting used to it" before you go for broke, but it was like getting into a warm bath. In SUMMER. I've been swimming in the winter where there's steam coming off the pool because the air temp is so cold, but I've not been in a warm pool in summer before. Not gonna lie, it was quite nice. But I imagine if you're sprinting up and down the pool it would easily be too much.

So I did my 10-ish lengths, decided I was done and got out. It's a piddly amount but it's not bad for a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment